Friday 16 October 2009

Things I have Learned this Week.

Things I have learned this week:

Weirdy chestnuts are indeed confined to that one tree. I now have a bowlful of nice fat chestnuts from a tree I spotted while out running.

Yellow bullace jam makes a delicious sticky glaze for chicken drumsticks.

Norfolk Kitchen will appear on Radio Norfolk on Tuesday 20th October at 11.10am to talk about sloe gin - v excited about that one!

Making Hawthorn Ketchup (pictured) can't have been that bad as I've picked a second batch of haws.

The Pickled Plums taste amazing on potted cheese but are still too sharp to eat with something sweet like ice cream.

Sloes do not make a good chutney.

2 comments:

  1. wow..lots of info and good things going on..I'm sorry I won't be able to hear you on the radio as I will be at work...will you be able to record it and post it on your blog??? Exciting stuff!!

    Incidentally I still haven't managed to get to that chestnut tree...maybe tomorrow at dawn...I will let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping we can figure out how to link it to the blog, fortunately my husband's the techy sort so I'm hoping he can do it.

    Good luck with the chestnuts!

    ReplyDelete